Applications Deadline: 21 February 2014
ITTO offers fellowships through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines.
The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
ITTO Fellowship Programme encourages capacity development of women foresters, and has supported 340 women to undertake fellowship activities, accounting for 28 % of the total number of fellowships.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
- Participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours;
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination, such as manuals and monographs;
- Small grants for post-graduate studies.
- Please download the documents from the ITTO Website: http://www.itto.int or
- Request them by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
- Submit a completed application attaching all required documents by e-mail to email@example.com or
- By post to the following address:
ITTO Fellowship Programme
International Tropical Timber Organization
Pacifico-Yokohama 5F, 1-1-1, Minato-Mirai, Nishi-ku
Yokohama 220-0012, JAPAN
Tel: (81-45) 223-1110